Tuesday, October 21, 2014

When Max Was A Zombie... or The Zombie Halloween Make-Up Recipe


!!!!!   Here's to a  Halloween you won't forget  !!!!!

!!!!!


Zombie Halloween Make-Up Recipe
Below are the secret ingredients found in everybody's home, to turn your normally pleasant looking child into a Zombie... 
Are you ready for it...  are you sure.  Are you willing to take the chance to let a  nasty looking half-human thing stagger off down the street and scare the neighbours... will IT come back... We all have to take chances sometimes.
!!!
OK then, if you are brave...  here's the goo recipe.
* common white glue and torn toilet paper... layered and left to dry on their face ... be inventive with it... it takes a while to dry... it can be easily manipulated to form gaps to make scars and deformities... also rice crispies and cornflakes can be inserted and covered with bits of the toilet paper/glue for more facial imperfections... 

* when it's dry, blend and dab some liquid makeup on the glue/tissue covered face to bring it to skin color...
And the Blood
*the Blood is homemade too... it is a combination of icing sugar, corn syrup, red food coloring & a small amount of cocoa powder... play around with the proportions till you get the consistency you like...  you might want to practice a few days before Halloween to get it right...  makes great blood... tastes good too... it dries and stays on all night...  and drips like thick blood...  ouie gooie.. 


Have Fun!

Compliments of Gwen Buchanan and my son Maximillian Ackerson (back when he was 14)
Desideratum Art Studio, St. Martins, New Brunswick, Canada

14 comments:

ELFI said...

j'ai peur! :))

Guillaume said...

Corn syrup is what they used in Carrie. Nice zombie makeup really.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

how creative and great fun for a 14 year old.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hey there Elfi, Guillaume and Maya, This was fun to do and thought if I posted the recipe early enough, someone might find it and use it for Halloween. It is really frugal ...not a problem to remove it at the end of the night... comes off by simply peeling.

Sharmon Davidson said...

Nice zombie makeup! I'm kind of glad I don't have to do this any more, though...

Linda H said...

Wow- what awesome effects with simple kitchen cupboard ingredients. I bet Max had great fun with it!!

Gwen Buchanan said...



Thanks Sharmon and Linda, he did! I was amazed at the strength of the stuff. He did have some sections of the fake skin flapping when he finally got home but Zombie skin flaps too, so he looked pretty real or should I say unreal.

A Heron's View said...

When I did something similar a few years ago to attend a party 30 miles away.
I stopped at our local shop to buy some cigars and the owner thought that I had been in a terrible accident and wanted to call an ambulance for me - I tried to explain but she had stopped listening so I beat a hasty retreat , jumped into my car and went to the party.

Two days later I went in for more cigars and the owner said gosh Mel you have recovered very well from your injuries. What did you use ?
to which I said make-up remover what do you use ?

Gwen Buchanan said...

Haha, Funny story Mel! Scaring the local shopkeeper, huh? you must get up to some mischief and you must have been very convincing.

A Heron's View said...

Gwen, I have fun when I can ;)

Gwen Buchanan said...

... and never stop Mel.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

What fun! He looked horrific! :)

Happy Hallowe'en to you.

BumbleVee said...

cornflakes or rice krispies under toilet paper ...ahhahahahha.... that sounded funny to me ...but, honestly.... it does look pretty real and totally ghoulish..... ick.....I'm sending my sister the recipe... she may be making up Grandkids this year....

Gwen Buchanan said...

Thanks Janice, it was... he was dreadful looking! He loved it and his friends loved it too.

Vee, hahaha.. I know it sounds weird, doesn't it?... but zombies are weird haha.. and it does make a knarly warty face.