Friday, May 12, 2023

Creating a Granny Square Blanket


Making progress on the Granny Square blanket... showing 1st round in 1 colour... 2nd round with 2 colours and 3rd round with 3 contrasting colours and final black round as the attaching colour...

I never did a blanket like this before but I always loved them, esp. with the black really showing off the bright colours... takes a lot longer than I thought it would ...has a very traditional look and is super cozy.
❤️


Brought out all my balls of yarn... odds and ends with lots of colour ... crocheting Granny Squares... assistant Inky 🐈‍⬛ has settled in to supervise... par for the course ❤️





Blanket is 1/3 of the way crocheted together... the black tails still need to be woven in.

Below, Blanket is done... I'm satisfied with it and it reminds me of days of long ago, which is the time I wished I lived


 

5 comments:

Ruth S said...

I crocheted these while watching T. V.

Guillaume said...

Nice to see you blogging again. Lovely designs. My mother-in-law does crochet too.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Ruth S and Guillaume, Thanks for stopping by.

laura said...

Oh my, what an undertaking! It is beautiful!
I was in Parrsboro for a couple of days in October. First visit to NS; now I can't wait to go back

Gwen Buchanan said...

Thank you so much Laura, Parsboro is such a pretty place. I've only been there once but it was memorable!! take care!