Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Wild Horses Couldn't Drag Me....







.sketches inspired by the stop-motion photography by Eadweard Muybridge,  1830 - 1904 ..... 

... my, my the things one learns when doing a little research... as I was looking up information on Muybridge's horse photography experiments, I found this......... 


"In 1874, still living in the San Francisco Bay Area, Muybridge discovered that his wife had a lover, a Major Harry Larkyns. On 17 October, he sought out Larkyns; said, "Good evening, Major, my name is Muybridge and here is the answer to the letter you sent my wife"; he then killed the Major with a gunshot. " 

...this incident obviously interrupted his photography work.......


.....yes, I know...  I'm sketching and playing in my sketchbook and looking up things on Muybridge when I'm suppose to be working....... OK......  back to the workbench.

.

No comments: