Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Texture




The character of surfaces ...
 elements transformed by time or manipulation...

flocked and gathered, gauzy fabric discovered in the ends-bin at a favourite fabric shop... 

an aged, rough, thick, salvaged  floor plank, now cut with a scalloped edge,
 serving  its second life as
the strength giver in an east facing  window seat in a corner of an upstairs room...   
the coolness and durability of  leather surrounded by fur and fleece...

...the interrelation of these elements stimulate the senses...
their surfaces draw one to touch... to linger... to feel... with  eyes, fingers and imagination..
abstract is real...   visually tactile...  satisfying on a gut level...

 discovering, assembling and working with these mostly found materials was exciting...
and when I have a chance to sit here, it makes me feel good.... and I remember the "Process",
my favourite part of creating.


 ...my Best to you All....


.

No comments: