Monday, March 02, 2020

Just For Fun Art

Love this quote by Douglas Malloch so I did a drawing . 8 1/2" x 11" pen, watercolour
it was given as a christmas gift

playing around with Origami... little turtle... 
fun and sure takes some fiddling to get those folds.. need more practice

a host of whimsical beings in my sketchbook, 8 1/2" x 11" , pen and watercolour

doing my paperwork practice... origami kangaroo from brown paper.
and an occasional game of chess, man, do I need practice to remember how each character can move

And...my tattoo artist son, Max, working on a huge fantastical Wolf charcoal drawing. 
He is never without an art making instrument in his hand

Hope you are all doing some enjoyable creative pastimes and letting it carry your imagination away.
Cheers, from Desideratum

18 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

max sure inherited your talent! i love the dog drawing! it is just perfect.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Thanks for checking it out Jaz... Can't wait to be out in the garden come spring but till then we are conjuring up images. Fun

^.^ said...

Awesome artists, friend Gwen … both of you!!! Waiting for Spring here in Alberta as well. Day Light Savings Time is March 08 … Your province too? Love, cat.

Guillaume said...

I love all of them, but especially the wolf!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Thank you Guillaume and Cat, I'm counting the moments till garden time. but I forgot about the time change till this morning yes DST is here.. wish it just stayed the same all year. but I'm not the boss... ha.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hello Wildside, I loved to hear that recollection. Thank you. anytime...

Steven Cain said...

Of course your origami is perfect :)

Gwen Buchanan said...

haha, Stephen, if you seen how mny times I unfolded that thing and started again, you'd think I was crazy.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thanks for sharing your day. Your son has fantastic drawing skills. love the origami animals, I too try my hand at origami when I have to think things through or there's a creative block.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi Maya, I'm not fast at origami, but find it fascinating how the creators think them up and show us how to do it

laura said...

You are so creative in so many ways!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Laura, I feel so lucky these days to have time to play around with whimsical things.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Wildside, that has great meaning and I love it. so true, thank you.. I hope you are calm and staying safe too. it is a very strange time in the world now.

sandy said...

love eveything in this post. Wow ..a lot of talent in the family.

laura said...

What an artistic family! Beautiful work!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Thanks Laura, have to keep from going crazy these days of isolation

The Happy Whisk said...

Your son's work is wonderful. I love that you encourage and make a place for him to create. I also love your cartoons. And that the Jester has various colours. So fun.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi Happy Whisk, thanks for visiting... what would we do without art???