Tuesday, July 03, 2012

My Art on Book Covers



So pleased to show more books by talented author  KEVIN JOHN GROTE 

......with my  WATERCOLOR  paintings on the covers !!! 

...click if you would like to see the original Dragonfly post 




...  the original post on  The Little Red Fox




...the original post on the Spider




...the original post on the Deer Skull




...the original post on the Calling Crow


...the original post for the Human Skull


Yay.. I am simply thrilled to share more of my work with Booklovers everywhere.   Just the thought that people are holding something that I have drawn feels so.... I-Don't-Know-How-to-Explain.
I wish Kevin the very best and  I hope everyone reads his books.

 He even wrote in a namesake character for me in "1745" 
  She is a feisty teenager and possiblely her name is  "Gwenny Buck", not final on that yet. 
That is so Fun...    Thank you, Kevin!

Click on his name at the beginning of this post to see the rest of his book series with my watercolors on them.... 16 Covers in all in the series


17 comments:

Steven Cain said...

Look at you go!

This is great!

Shelley said...

Wahoo Congratulations so exciting. AND a character for you too? A feisty teenager, hmmmm I can see you as such. Must read.

Guillaume said...

Congratulations! And it is difficult not to judge a book by its cover when they are as beautiful and aesthetic as here. If I ever write a novel, I want you to draw the cover.

Marie Alton said...

Hey Cover Girl! Congrats! Awesome for you to have your wonderful artwork shown on book covers! We all know how talented you are ... and love that many book-buyers out there will get to experience it too!

Way to go my dear!

Hugs ... Marie

rachel said...

Wonderful to see your work out there - and not knowing where it may end up!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Thanks everybody, Hope you are all enjoying your summer.

Priya Sebastian said...

They look absolutely FABULOUS. Classy!

Seth said...

Congratulations Gwen. I remember many of these drawings from earlier posts. He sure has good taste!

ArtPropelled said...

Wonderful to see your beautiful work on, not one, but SIX book covers! Congratulations Gwen!

Lynne with an e said...

Fabulous! Mr. Grote made an inspired decision to use your wonderful watercolours to grace his book covers and set the mood for his stories. They would definitely make me want to pick up the book and investigate further.

rivergardenstudio said...

Dear Gwen, congratulations on your beautiful art being displayed on these books that will be held by people all over the world!
And scrolling down your blog seeing your earrings with your sketches sure makes me smile this morning!
Hope you are having a lovely summer!
roxanne

Tracy said...

FANTASTIC, Gwen! The covers are fabulous... they have a larger-than-life feel to them... LOVE the dragonfly, I suppose as it's a special symbol of mine. Wonderful details. Congrats! Happy Summer Days ((HUGS))

Sharmon Davidson said...

Whooo-hooooo! Congratulations, Gwen; how exciting! these beautiful covers would definitely attract me if I saw them in a book store; I'm sure many people will feel the same attraction. So happy for you!! xo

Deborah Carr said...

How exciting for you, Gwen...you have a COLLECTION! I'm so glad your art is being appreciated in a whole new medium and audience.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Thanks all you lovely generous people!!

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Wow! Perfect! Congrats. xo

Terra said...

Super cover art that matches the books. I am a writer with two books published and know that the covers are KEY to gaining attention and getting people to pick up the book.