Monday, January 07, 2008

The Embrace



This is my first day of having a blog...

I wanted to share one of my creations..... A rather large figurative pendant....

I try to create pieces with a feeling of antiquity and wonder, yet contemporary at the same time.

I love to bring these layered sculptural body adornments to life. And what better place to create a work of art for... than the human body...


approx. 3" x 1 1/2" Sterling Silver and Copper... $250.00

... other Desideratum Art Jewelry Pendants on my Picasa Web Albums..

.

3 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Your jewelry is lovely.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Thanks so much, Mary. have so much freedom when creating it. Working for yourself you need a bit of a release from time to time. Although I do love creating our established whimsical silver & copper earring lines we sell in shops across Canada as well.(sorry, no images on this site of them). It is great fun to just make something for an artistic release. No Rules.
Thanks for checking it out.

sandy said...

You jewelry is great! I always thought I would love to learn how to bead, etc., but since I don't wear much jewelry anymore (and I have tons)...I never learned, but I sure love looking at original pieces.

Very nice.